There’s no dearth of romantic getaways in UK and you can whisk your loved one to spend quality time together. Whether you are looking for a sandy beach or a Mediterranean setting, we have got you covered-
- Lake district, England: With a vast expanse of green hills around and clear shallow waters, this is just like a fairytale come alive. The valleys, English towns and villages are one of a kind where you can enjoy the peace and tranquility in this beautiful setting. Visit this place and you will realize why it inspired so many literary associations.
- The Gower Peninsula: The exotic combination of beautiful beaches and ruined medieval castles make this the perfect romantic getaway. This spectacular natural beauty is home to the popular Llangennith beach which lures surfers every year. Rhossili Bay has also been in the limelight for quite some time now and taking a walk from this to Worm’s Head is a good idea during the afternoons if you wish to catch some salty air. Other than coasts, you can also enjoy gorgeous countryside views while taking the walk.
UK doesn’t disappoint us and has all kinds of pubs ranging from the most sophisticated to the contemporary ones.
- Belfast, Northern Ireland: This is quite popular for its conventional and modern bars. You can participate in the pub crawl to sip the drinks and enjoy live music. The Irish pubs offer the choicest of cocktails and alcohol and are a must if you are looking to have some fun.
- Cornwall: The Gurnard’s Head here is an amazing pub which offers great food and a spectacular sea view. The pub has a very homely feel to it; thanks to its spacious rooms. During cool winter days, you can seek refuge near the log fires and enjoy the medieval set up. For the bookworms, there is a collection of hardback books and those from the old school can appreciate the beauty of antique items.
For Natural Beauty:
UK is quite popular for its natural beauty havens and you will be in awe once you visit such spots. Either it has to do with its pristine beaches or vast expanses of greenery or picturesque landscapes; this country never fails to amuse us.
- Loch Awe, West Scotland: Occupying an area of 15½ sq miles, Loch Awe is Scotland’s third-largest freshwater loch. The ruined castles here are worth paying a visit; especially the Kilchurn castle which is a stunning yet eerie ruin which makes for a perfect picnic spot.
- Bentley Wood, Hampshire: If you want to spend some time in serene surroundings swanked with mini wildlife, Bentley Wood is just the place to be. Against the backdrop of a tree-laden corner, you get to see some of the rarest butterfly species in the UK. The interesting part is that it is home to more than 36 species such as the pearl-bordered fritillary, the Duke of Burgundy and the purple emperor. The best time to visit this place is during the summer months as you have clouds of butterflies floating around to give you company.
If you want to set out for a holiday where you can relax and energize your senses specifically, then this is the place we vouch for:
- Bath, England: You can unwind your senses in this popular spa destination which continues to have its charm because of the natural hot springs that have existed since the Roman era. Other than the boutique hotels which offer luxury spas, you can experience the magic of the Roman Baths that have been preserved till date. During summers, the Baths are open until 10pm at night, making it all the more impressive with a torch lit ambience. Known for its Georgian architecture, the Bath is located on a hill and overlooks the Royal Victoria Park. It doesn’t come as a surprise to know that it lures over two million tourists every year. We suggest unwinding after the day’s sightseeing and soaking in the warm waters of the springs during the night.
Zero-in your favourite place from the above list and plan your trip. There are many hotel booking sites and Hotels.com is one of the best where you can find reasonable accommodation with discounted rate, so that you don’t have to worry about other expenses.
Pack your bags and set out for the adventure!