Most people focus on the technology of their home cinemas. They are more than willing to spend a lot of money on the television and sound system. Sometimes they forget how important seating is. Home cinema seatings are one of the most important parts of a theater-like experience. But it is also one of the most taken for granted. The last thing you want when watching a movie is sitting in an uncomfortable chair. It is not easy to select the right material for a home cinema seating. Here are some of the most common materials people use.
The material you should choose depends on several factors. One of the factors is whether you have kids or pets at home. A material that is easy to take care of and does not stain so easy is a good choice if you have those.
Three different types of leather are often used for seating.
- Top grain leather is a high quality of leather. This is great for upholstery because it is strong and durable. The lifespan of leathers is long if you take care of them but they need extra care.
- Bonded leather is strong and reconstructed leather. It has a layer of fiber consisting of shredded leather and a polyurethane binder. Its feel and look make it almost as good as top grain leather.
- Leather gel is a leather that has a mixture of leather and other fibers combined. The outer layer is leather and this is the part you see and touch. The back cushions, the seat, and other parts will be another material. This costs less than bonded and top grain leather.
- Suede is a leather that has a napped finish. It is smooth but does not feel like actual leather. This is because it is the underside of the animal’s skin. This adds elegance to a room. It needs regular maintenance although it feels good to sit on.
There are various types that offer leather upholstery. Some examples are the chaises, the rockers and decliners, as well as sofas. Leather comes in different colors you could choose from. People usually choose the colors black, white, or dark brown. Since it is more expensive, it is often used for your luxury house.
There are so many different fabrics for upholstery material. Here are some:
- Chenille is yarn-made. It is a fabric with a soft feel and it works well on the seating.
- Velvet is a good choice if you want a luxurious seating. It has a smooth surface and allows for comfort in seating. It costs more and needs extra care because this fabric is a delicate material.
- Grade 1 fabric is common and is not as durable as others.
You should think about the seating before you decide on the fabric. Chenille is more common for family home theaters. And velvet is more used for luxurious ones.
This is generally for individuals who do not want leather but a fabric. Vinyl costs less with the use of detergent and water. It is easy to maintain. It is also not as strong as leather but he wants to care for his plants.
Do not forget the home cinema seating when you set up your home theater. It is as important as any of the other elements.