Most of the women overlook the power of a primer while doing their makeup. While they feel it an unnecessary expense, a good primer can add wonders to your beauty and makeup. With a primer, you can expect a fresh and plum look on any style of makeup. Whether you are choosing for a no-makeup look, or a full-on makeup with lots of contouring, eye shades, and baking, a primer would add a finishing touch to your makeup. A primer is a must for oily skin to allow the makeup to remain in place.
You can use a primer under or over your makeup. The basic function of a primer is to keep your foundation from smearing, but it can do a lot more than that. It absorbs excess oil and gives a fresh, even and matte skin look by hiding acne, scars, and redness. Buying a primer will not be a big burden on your wallet and you can get a good and cheap primer for oily skin at affordable prices.
Support your beauty’s round-up here with a primer —
Let us see why using a primer is so important and how it can add beauty to your makeup.
- Stylists and makeup artists never start their makeup without a primer as it is the base that will give a finishing touch and make the makeup look better.
- Primer is often used as a base for foundation creams which makes it stick longer to your face.
- The silicon-based polymers like dimethicone, present in this product allows it to give your skin a smoothening effect.
- A good primer is effective in hiding fine line and covers up the pores to a great extent.
- It prevents your skin from turning into oily and this makes your makeup to stay on your face for a longer time.
Top drugstore primers for oily skin —
These drugstore primers work wonders for oily skin and will not dig a hole in your wallet. Also, these products will support your beauty’s roundup here with no harm to the skin.
- Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer
- Maybelline New York Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
- L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base
- Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Primer.
How to use the Primer in an effective manner —
Sometimes you might not be using the primer in a proper manner and that is why you are not getting the desired results. Here we bring to you the proper way to use the primer effectively —
- First, start by cleansing your face with a mild cleanser and then blot your face dry. After that apply toner and freshen up the pores of your skin. After this apply a layer of moisturizer.
- After doing above procedure wait for five minutes till the moisturizer enters your skin properly. After that apply primer.
- While applying primer, you should begin with the center of your face and blend it outwards. You can make use of a sponge, beauty blender or your fingers to do this.
- After applying primer, wait for it to blend completely for about five minutes. Now you can apply your foundation or BB cream.
- After this, you can apply a concealer or a translucent powder to finish up your makeup.